Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Getting Up And Running

 I have been plugging away on the worm farm. I produce cocoons every day. Well, the worms are... I just provide the bedding!

I am still working out a system to make money and keep up a growing population but I still need to list worms for sale.

I will list worms on eBay and see how that goes.

I may use Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist.org too but I must choose one to start with.

I have so many ideas and I never quite get any of them to the level I want because I can't sacrifice the potential and it is costing me everything.

How about a literal business in a box?

I am going to focus on that angle, a "business-in-a-box" to sell worms and make money.

I don't have to set up the breeder bins until I make a sale.

I can set up a breeder bin, a smaller one than I have now, and measure out a set quantity of worms and place it in a bin. I can give a daily update and check in on the bins and offer each bin for sale until I establish a consistent growth in customer base.

Back to the biz in a box idea... The breeder bins will be small enough to fit into a 27 gallon tote. The biz kit will include the breeder bin, bedding, worm chow for the breeders, bedding for the 27-gallon bin, and instructions on how to set up your own worm farm.

Even if you only use the large bin to compost your kitchen scraps and slowly add in the worm chow you will end up with an effective way to convert your kitchen and garden waste into a great soil amendment.

I study marketing, using Youtube and Google, and a few other books from professional copywriters and marketers. One thing I was recently reminded of is the idea of offering different products at different price points to maximize profits.

I could offer larger packages where you will get a fully operational farm, delivered to your doorstep, all the way down to 100 worms.

To start out, with the amount of worms I have and the experience I have actually sending out worms, successfully, in the mail, I am focusing on listing 1/4 lb. of worms for sale.

We put in an order for breathable bags to ship the worms in today so I need to list some worms for sale today.

I have to get some thought out before they go away and I need to state the things I must do to move forward in my worm business.


No comments:

Post a Comment