Monday, April 7, 2014

Still Going Strong

I put about a cup of rice in my main bin (the 15 gallon fabric pot) and it is shrinking. There is a white fluffy mold growing all over it. From what I've read that is like worm candy. They supposedly go nuts for the stuff. I am actually getting a little worried that I may not be able to feed them enough.

I need to start cutting down the weeds around my house and feeding my compost pile or feeding them to the chickens. Then I could put the chicken poo in the compost pile. I wonder how fresh chicken poo would affect the worms. I know it can get hot but I wonder if small amounts would work ok. I am going to try a little in my outside bin to see how it goes.

We are up to 30 worms in the shoebox sized bin. There isn't much going on in there yet. It is see through so I can see a few of the worms hanging out at the bottom but not much going on there. I also fed them some rice. The outdoor tower farm got 10 more worms today and seems to be doing just fine.

The plan is to continue doing what I am doing and get some pictures up.


No comments:

Post a Comment